Dear CCC Prayer Partners,
We have PRAISES and PRAYER REQUESTS to share, and we thank you, again, for your commitment to stand together in prayer for our LORD's precious creation. THANKS BE TO GOD, that He hears and answers! John 16:24 "Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full." (ESV)
1. The LORD blessed mightily the NRCCC Climate Change Conference in DC, at St. Sophia Greek Orthodox Cathedral. There were calls to action by: James Hansen (NASA scientist); Bill McKibben (Christian author and environmentalist; Brigadier General, Steven Anderson; Republican Congressman, Pete McCloskey; President of the Evangelical Environmental Network; and, Episcopalian, United Methodist, Baptist, Roman Catholic, Presbyterian, Evangelical, Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, and Jewish leaders. PRAY that MIRACLES of protection for God's children, creatures, and creation will flow from this conference and from the meetings the "Washington Week" attendees had with politicians.
2. Working closely with states and tribes, the EPA is identifying areas that meet or do not meet the 2008 air quality standards for "ground-level ozone", known as smog. The agency's implementation of these standards will improve air quality and protect public health. Smog can reduce lung function and increase respiratory conditions, such as asthma.
3. Also, the EPA and the U. S. Dept. of Justice have announced that the Hess Corporation has agreed to pay a civil penalty, and spend more than $45 million in new pollution controls to resolve Clean Air Act violations at its Port Reading, NJ, refinery.The controls required by the settlement are estimated to reduce emissions of nitrogen oxide (NOx) by 181 tons per year and result in additional reductions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). These pollutants are significant contributors to smog.
1. The Orange County Interfaith Coalition for the Environment (OCICE) will hold its Faith Leaders' Luncheon on May 16, from 11:30 - 1:30, in order to exemplify the importance of imparting the message of Creation Care to faith congregations. The luncheon is free to Faith Leaders and will feature speakers from congregations who have taken steps to green their facilities. PLEASE PRAY the LORD will bring many; speak to all; send them out with direction and dedication; and, greatly bless the Creation Care efforts in their congregations. The luncheon will be held at the Sukyo Mahikari Center of Spiritual Development in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. For more information: email: email@example.com Web: OCICE.org
2. PLEASE PRAY for the elections all over our country. Pray those who are elected will be those who love all of God's creation, all the beautiful places, all plants and animals, AND their fellow man. PRAY that all Christians will seek God's guidance in voting.
3. PLEASE PRAY for the state of our nation's forests.
* Our National Forests are still being mercilessly logged by multi-national logging companies, which are also still being subsidized by our govt. PRAYthis commercial logging of our National Forests will somehow, miraculously, be stopped.
* The Sequoia National Park is administered by the U. S. Park Service, but the surrounding Giant Sequoia National Monument is managed by the U.S.
Forest Service, a part of the Dept. of Agriculture, which has for too long viewed the trees in its domain as a harvestable crop. Due to the Forest
Service's management policies, even the trees within the Giant Sequoia National Monument are facing the threat of destructive commercial logging,
the same devastation that is happening to the trees in our National Forests. PLEASE PRAY proposed logging in the Giant Sequoia National Monument will be blocked. For more information: www.sierraclub.org
* Rachel Fazio (John Muir Project) will be speaking in front of the 9th Circuit on Monday, May 14th, re: the "Angorra Case." PLEASE PRAY the LORDwill bring her miraculous VICTORIES in this case, and the EXF, Twin Peaks, and Moonlight cases, as she strives to bring protection for our nation's National Forests and the creatures that need them to survive.
4. Major news outlets, such as Bloomberg News and Business Week are reporting on a game-changing peer reviewed study, commissioned by Catskill Mountainkeeper, that predicts frack fluids can migrate into aquifers, directly contradicting the claims by the gas industry that these toxic chemicals will stay underground forever. However, as the list of known severe short-term and long-term health hazards caused by chemicals used to frack grows, energy corporations continue to pollute American drinking water with thousands of toxic chemicals when they mine into shale bedrock to extract natural gases. If the gas industry continues to prevail, drilling will begin in the Catskill/Delaware Watershed, leading to possibly many more fracking projects throughout NY State. PLEASE PRAY fracking will be blocked in these areas, and in the other areas of our country where these projects are going forward. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Many stores now have bins for recycling plastic bags and they will accept ANY plastic bags, even the large, heavier ones that are used to package mulch, bark, etc.
* Rainforest habitats are home to thousands of endangered animals and plants. Almost two acres of tropical rainforest disappear every second.
Add http://www.therainforestsite.com to your Favorites, and click daily to help save rainforests. Funding is paid by site sponsors, no cost to us.
By the Power of our LORD, JESUS CHRIST,
Amy and Connie
Psalm 24:1 (TEV)
"The world and all that is in it belong to the Lord:
the earth and all who live on it are His."