Christians Caring For Creation
Prayers for March 2012
Dear CCC Prayer Partners,
We have several PRAISES and PRAYER REQUESTS to share. Thank you for standing together, praising and praying, in the POWERFUL NAME of JESUS. Thankfully, we know our LORD hears and answers!
1) We have a PRAISE, regarding our CCC member, Judy Meyer! She is in remission from lymphoma and gradually regaining her strength, after the months of chemotherapy. Thank you, Lord! Please keep praying that the Lord will keep her healthy, strong, and cancer-free.
2) There has been a major victory regarding a town's right to ban natural gas drilling (fracking) within its boundaries. Last year, a home rule effort against fracking landed the town of Dryden, NY, and their Planning Board in a law suit brought by the Anschutz Exploration Corporation.
1) Please keep praying for the upcoming National Religious Coalition on Creation Care (NRCCC) conference in Washington, DC, April 22-25.
2) Please keep praying for Rev. Owen Owen and the members of his local coalition in PA, who are striving to protect the streams of PA from fracking. They have had many losses and setbacks and have seen water supplies poisoned; contaminated waste pits filled with soil and left to pollute the groundwater; and, roads cut into pristine forests. Please pray for victories for this coalition and that many people of faith will discover what's happening and will join in these efforts to care for God's children and creation.
3) Anti-wildlife politicians are waging an all-out war against the most vital law we have to protect our vulnerable and threatened species (the Endangered Species Act), and they have started with the American gray wolf. Recently, Congress has removed the Northern Rockies gray wolf from the Endangered Species List, the first species ever delisted in this way. This action paves the way for politicians, instead of scientists, to begin deciding which species should be protected, giving politicians the power to delist endangered animals at will. Some of the endangered animals that could be affected are the Florida panther (fewer than 100 are now alive); the polar bear; the California bighorn sheep; the grizzly bear; and the North American lynx. Please pray our Representatives and Senators will be convicted by the Holy Spirit; enlightened by our Lord; and, see that God deeply loves His creatures and mandates that we protect them.
4) Please pray that we all, as Christians, can proclaim clearly our Christian theology on creation care, based on Scripture, and share our belief that God mandates that we care for His precious creation.
* Rainforest habitats are home to thousands of endangered animals and plants. Almost two acres of tropical rainforest disappear every second. Add http://www.therainforestsite.com to your Favorites, and click daily to help save rainforests. Funding is paid by site sponsors- there's no cost to you.
By the POWER of CHRIST,
Genesis 8:15-17 (NIV)