Christians Caring For Creation
Prayers for February 2012
Dear CCC Prayer Partners,
We have PRAISES and PRAYER REQUESTS, as usual, to bring before our FATHER, in the powerful name of JESUS, OUR LORD. Thank you for your faithfulness in prayer!
* The EPA announced last week that it plans to sample and test water from 60 homes near Dimock, PA, to determine if residents are "being exposed to hazardous substances." Thank you, Lord, for this testing! (Cabot Oil and Gas, a company that was fined $120,000 in 2009 for fracking mishaps and contaminating water in the area, sent a letter to EPA Administrator, Lisa Jackson, complaining about this water testing...)
* The LORD is working mightily, as the leaders of the National Religious Coalition on Creation Care (NRCCC) make preparations for their April "Washington Week" events and meetings in Washington, DC. Saint Sophia Cathedral has now said, "Yes", and opened its doors for NRCCC's conference on climate change, to be held there on April 23. This is an answer to many prayers!
1) Please continue to pray for Rev. Owen Owens and the others who are working to protect the streams of PA from gas drilling. Water supplies are being poisoned; contaminated waste pits are being filled with soil and left to pollute the groundwater; and, roads are being cut into pristine forests. The local coalition members who are fighting against all this have been dealt many losses; however, they are gaining strength and are seeking churches and more people of faith to join their cause. Please pray for victories for them, through the POWER of our LORD. Thank you.
2) Please continue to pray for Dr. Tom English as he prays and plans NRCCC's conference on climate change, to be held at Saint Sophia's in DC, on April 23. Pray there will be a deep awakening to the serious of the climate change issue in all who attend, and a desire, therefore, to change our ways. Pray that a wave will spread out from that conference, spreading to those in DC who make decisions which greatly affect climate change and also how our LORD's entire creation is treated. Thank you.
3) Please pray for Gina and Rick Vander Kam's important endeavors on Widbey Island, WA. They are working on a project that is a series of week-long events for young people (jr. high through college undergrads.), where eco-justice, social justice, environmental economics, and faith are brought together through experiences in wilderness, lectures, small groups, spiritual discussions and reflections. There will also be creative and interactive events.
4) Please continue to pray for miraculous victories for Rachel Fazio (John Muir Project) in the EXF Case (re: logging in Oregon National Forests); in the Angorra Case (re: logging in theTahoe Basin National Forest); in the Moonlight Case (re: saving wild horses); and, in the Twin Peaks Case (re: saving wild horses). Thank you.
5) The Pathlight Organization ("hope through faith and learning)" still has a few spots to fill on their team of volunteers for the 2012 Teacher Training Conference. They are looking for experienced classroom teachers, who have a heart to serve God by sharing their expertise with teachers in Belize. The volunteers will partner with over 100 teaches, who in turn will impact thousands of students, many of whom are living in poverty. For information go to their website: http://pathlight.org or, email the Ex. Program Dir., Adrienne Parcher: firstname.lastname@example.org
By the POWER of our LIVING LORD
Lamantations 3:22 & 23 (RSV)